5 surprising benefits of using functional art in your office
Designing office space is usually something that we all want to end beautiful and appealing to all. The main purpose why we would like to design our office is for the purpose of having a welcoming and great working environment. Do you know that there are benefits of using functional art in your office? These benefits may come as new to you and they are surprising.
What is functional art?
Functional Art refers to office design, furniture and fixture that are usually out of the usual we see in regular office. In the office design perspective these are objects that are also functional. It includes interior design, but not usually architecture.
These are unique and individual pieces of art that are not only captivating to the eye but also fulfill office functions and purposes. It is an aesthetic add-on to the office that is usually inspired by organic forms of nature, blending and complimenting the environment, rather than overpowering it.
Benefits of using functional art in the office
Have you wondered why large companies like Google, Inc. and Facebook are using functional art in their offices? Well, here are some reasons why they are using it and why you should start using them as well.
- It improves productivity. Art enhances brain functions. It improves the way we think and stimulates the mind. When our minds are stimulated we tend to process more data and hence become more productive.
- Enhances innovative and creative process. Remember when you look at a cloud or an art piece and you are thinking what it means or what it looks like? The same way functional art stimulates your brain into thinking deeper. This way we are stimulated to think more innovatively and creatively.
- Improves physical and psychological health. Functional art lets you think more and also improves the functionality of the office. The more your brain gets stimulated the better your health will be. It will also increase social interaction and dynamism.
- The human brain is built for art appreciation. In an article reported by The Wall Street Journal they confirmed that art appreciation is a “natural biological process.” This was studied in a paper titled, “Neural correlates of viewing paintings: Evidence from a quantitative meta-analysis of functional magnetic resonance imaging data,” compiled by researchers at the University of Toronto. According to the findings of the research it reveals that viewing paintings and other art activates various regions of the brain.
- It makes work fun. How would you feel if you see an art work? If you feel less stressed, relaxed, and happy then that means working in that office is more fun. Imagine sitting on a chair or working on a table that is also a piece of art. Imagine having a decoration that also has various functionalities. This makes an office surrounding that is out of the ordinary.
Mustard Seed provides assistance to business on how they can utilize functional art in their office. We also providesassistance in designing the office work space so that it can be full maximized. For more information on how to implement functional art just send us a message or contact +63(2)535-SEED / 63(2)535-7333.