‘Tis the season to be theft-free: Prevent Shoplifting
Now that the holiday season is just around the corner, shoppers are flocking stores to take advantage of different bargain offers. Shopping season is the favorite season not only of patrons, but of shoplifters as well. The more the people, the easier they can blend into the crowd and steal whatever they want.
Especially during peak shopping periods, it’s crucial that we safeguard the items we sell to prevent shoplifting. Follow these helpful tips to protect your assets:
- Use employee service to your advantage. Your personnel don’t necessarily have to follow every customer wherever they go, but it’s mighty helpful that your customers know that there are eyes around the place. Make them feel welcome but at the same time let them know you’re aware of their presence.
- Make sure corners are seen-zoned. Put mirrors in places that you can’t see directly so you can watch your buyers.
- Have anti-theft devices installed. Eighty percent (80%) of the top retailers worldwide trust Sensormatic Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS), Traffic Counting and RFID devices. Annually, billions of merchandise are being protected by this brand. More so, if shoplifters see CCTV cameras everywhere, they’ll have second thoughts about taking stuff. Swann, the No. 1 DIY Security Surveillance brand in the world is trusted by businesses and households from all parts of the globe.
- Be familiar with their MO. Shoplifters are either discreet or crude. Know the cues and be conscious of suspicious-looking buyers. If you see someone who looks nervous for no reason, or if you notice a person taking too many items inside the fitting room, don’t hesitate to double-check.
- Keep things in order and set rules. When your items are organized, say for example placed neatly at the edge of the shelf, it’d be easier to see when something’s gone missing. Make sure your goods are well-arranged because if the shop is a mess, you’d hardly notice if a bag got stolen. Be strict in implementing rules in the fitting room and in allowing huge bags to be taken inside.
- Scare them off with eye-catching signage. An early warning will surely set them off.
To know more about our Retail Solutions, Electronic Article Surveillance and Security Surveillance devices, go to:
You may contact:
(02) 535-7333 or firstname.lastname@example.org