Vote of Hope: A guide to choose your 2016 candidates
A growing economy which helps grow businesses and the effects trickling down to every citizen is what could be the best ever result we want to have in any administration. This May 2016, Filipinos would elect their candidate and we want to share with you what we called as a “VOTE OF HOPE.” (Cast your vote and join the BizH2O candiate survey)
This is a vote for a better Philippines, a better business climate, a better economy and situation for all of us in the country. Vote of Hope is our non-partisan call to tap our conscience and ask whether that candidate is really fit for the position he or she is seeking.
Vote of Hope Guide to choose your 2016 candidates
Who will you be voting this 2016? Do you opt for the popular one or those who you know have really done something relevant to what he is talking about? Well here is our quick guide.
1. Integrity. Choose a candidate who has shown integrity both as a person and in his service to government. That candidate should be someone who had shown capable of being trusted with the funds of the people and had not done any shady deal nor corrupted money from government.
2. Clear platform of governance. Check their platform of governance. Are these platforms clear and doable or are they just motherhood statements. Check out their experience and previous performance? Had they been talking about these before and failed to deliver it? Sometimes we forget to check what the candidates promised after elections, so background check them and see if they can really be trusted with their platforms.
Check out these platforms of government of the Philippine presidential candidates courtesy of CNN Philippines.
3. Performance. What had they done before they become a candidate for the position? How did they perform in their previous elected posts? Candidates who had performed very well means that when you elect them you could be assured that they would perform better.
4. Experience. In any job, experience is needed in order for you to perform well. That is why when you are applying those with more experience generally lands the job. Check out their experience against their position. Candidates with greater experience and training should be among your first consideration.
5. Supporters. Who are supporting these candidates? The candidate itself can be very reputable and trustworthy but what if majority of their supporters have issues and are really shady people? Eventually these supporters would be among the people to be around the winning candidate. Vote for people who value independence and have trustworthy supporters and endorsers.
Remember that the above guide is not the only things to consider in voting because we all have our own guidelines . We hope that you can use them to make your choices. Remember that if ever our elected officials are not performing well, we are the first ones to be blamed because we are the electorate.
What are you looking for in a candidate? What is your vote of hope? You can share it with us by commenting on this article.
References: CNN Philippines